Saturday, September 5, 2009

I Would Like To Ask A Question

I am going to start off today by asking a question. Just wondering if I am the only one with this problem or if there are others just like me. My question is "When you are crafting, do you ever misplace something without ever leaving your seat?" I was making a card, took my bling out to use on the card later on. Lo and behold when I went to get it--gone--nowhere to be found and I never left my seat. Where did it go?--Where could it have gone?--Will it ever be found? Guess if you could see my craft table, it probably would explain why I can't find anything. I searched and finally found it in a book I use to jot down my ideas. How it got there, I have no idea but am glad I found it. I was just curious--I would hate to think I am the only one with this problem.

I've been a little busy this week. Of course I am still trying to complete my afghans. I just started making the last one. Hopefully I can get it done soon because I am really tired of making the same thing over and over. I also added my Sept. technique to my website Stamping Palace I own with my sister. (You can find her over at Fun With Ink). August technique was on Fax Leather and Sept. technique is on Cracked Glass so go on over and check it out.We are also expecting some new stamps to arrive soon so keep checking our website. They will be posted soon as our order arrives.

I managed to make 2 cards this week. My son and his wife are in a wedding and asked me to make a wedding card. The colors of the dresses are black and maroon and she wanted a card with those colors. They didn't want a tradional wedding card one would buy in a store. Black and maroon was too dismal for me and since they weren't going to a funeral, I figured I would use the maroon with a lighter color.


I went on Splitcoaststampers to get an idea and liked the idea of a wiper card. I used one of our stamps called Life of Happiness. I used the classic and scalloped round nestie to cut and emboss around the cake and the "Best Wishes" on the wiper. I dressed up the flowers on the wedding cake with a gell glitter pen, added some pearls, emboss Best Wishes and that's it.Very easy to complete. Life of Happiness is a set of 5 stamps on red rubber and self-clings to any acrylic block. What I like is you get three image stamps as well as two greetings.

The other card is for my cousin. Her life is a little hectic lately and her plate is overflowing. I wanted to send her a "Thinking of You" card. Again I went to Splitcoaststampers and thought I would try the Tri-Shutter card. I like purple and hopefully thought it would brighten her day even for just a little while. The Thinking of You is from our Anytime Sentiments. It has eleven sentiments in clear rubber stamp which again cling to any acrylic blocks.

That's it for this week. Thanks for stopping by--come again.


Faye

2 comments:

  1. I think there are craft elves that steal things when you're not looking. Then the craft fairies find them and return them later. LOL!
    Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Danni....craft elves...but sometimes my craft fairies do not come around to find them. I have lost more brads and bling...never to be found.

    I have always wanted to do the wiper card...yours came out really cute and I am warning you...the tri-shutter card can be addicting... Great job on both!!!

    ReplyDelete