Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hello Crafters

How is everyone? Last week we had to shovel snow and this week we are in the 70's. It's amazing how fast our weather changes from week to week. Hopefully we have seen the last of the snow for this season and can start to enjoy the summer.

I posted a new technique on Stamping Palace called Faux Mother of Pearl. I love how it looks on a background for a card. Unfortunately when I took the photo, it just doesn't show the beauty and shimmer. It's very easy and quick to accomplish and you're just going to have to give it a try and see for yourself.

Here's a card I made for my niece and her husband. They just adopted a sweet, beautiful little girl and I thought this was the perfect card for them. I used the Faux Mother of Pearl for the background (of course in pink). I also did the same technique on the inside of the card as well.

I haven't perfected cloud making so I thought I would try this technique and see how it came out. Not bad. Actually it came out better than if I tried to make the clouds by hand. Cloud making is one of the projects I have planned for the future. This stamp comes from our Garden Fence Set. I popped up the birds and butterfly. I added the sign on the fence and the bunnies which are included with the set. Sparkled up the flowers and the butterfly. There you have it.



I made the card below for my son who just loves to fish. This time I used light blue for the background. It's a perfect card for a man.



So if you would like to give this technique a try, click here to go to Stamping Palace for the instructions. Until next time....Happy Crafting

Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment